Saturday, May 5, 2012

Working out in the Airport

It should be more culturally acceptable to work out when doing nothing in public!!

I'm not talking about full on push-ups in public, but more like movement to keep you going. For example, my husband and I were waiting for our plane to board earlier this morning and I started doing squats. He looked a me like I was crazy. There may have been other people who had the same impression, but who cares. I sure don't, I'll be the one looking decent in my shorts and swim suit this summer.

If everyone started doing this, people wouldn't think you were crazy. You would be crazy NOT to be using your down time effectively, by working out in public!

Now, I know I'm a dietitian. Food is my specialty, but nutrition, healthy and exercising go together... It comes with the territory. I'm not trying to be a fitness expert, or step on the toes of fitness experts'. I more so trying to motivate people to get moving, to burn extra calories when ever possible. The occasional squats while in line might not cause you to loose 10 pounds this month, but it will take you one step closer to getting you healthier AND it may even pave the way to more intense workouts in the future... Just a thought. If it doesn't, at least your are getting in some sort of physical activity.

Food (and exercise) for thought! Get out there and getting moving today, not tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment